Friday, November 30, 2007

Increase College Tuition? WTF!!!

To be $8,000 in debt at the age of 25, for school loans, is rediculous!

When I graduated from highschool I was under the assumption that the state would help me if I claimed that I was independant. Denied!!!!! I was told that until the age of 24 I had to give my parents income tax information to recieve grants, federal aid or loans. This was very troubling, because I have been living on my own since the age of 18, and supporting myself since then as well. I wait tables, and actually never get a pay check, because I get paid $2.13 an hour. How is this acceptable? My car and credit car debt together are lower than my school loan debt for community college! Again, how is this acceptable? Well it's not. Something has to change, and fast. If the state of Texas keeps putting these burdons on under paid young adults, we won't have a future.

State should be obligated to take at least 50% of the financial burdon Upon themselves, if they want Texans to succeed in life!

No comments: